Lower in fat and calories than you might ever guess, these sweet bars couldn’t be easier to whip up, boast a great chocolaty flavor, and make a fun, quick dessert to bring to parties or serve to company! Jennifer Rafferty - Milford, Ohio
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oil and egg. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add egg; beat well. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Bars in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p43
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review