My daughter started making these as a "healthy" alternative to cookies since we seem to like cookies of any kind. I've never been able to eat just one, so this recipe seemed perfect for us. —Nichole Jones, Idaho Falls, Idaho
Recommended: Recipes with Secret Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk yogurt and egg yolk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in cranberries and chocolate chips.
Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 10 times. Pat dough into an 8-in. circle. Cut into 12 wedges. Place wedges on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled scones in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each scone on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip-Cranberry Scones in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Reviews for Chocolate Chip-Cranberry Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2015
"Delicious! I brushed the top with the egg white I didn't use, and sprinkled the top with 1T of sugar. The texture is terrific! Not dry and crumbly at all."
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2014
"These turned out great the first time. I will definitely make them again!"