- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk yogurt and egg yolk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in cranberries and chocolate chips.
Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 10 times. Pat dough into an 8-in. circle. Cut into 12 wedges. Place wedges on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled scones in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each scone on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip-Cranberry Scones in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Reviews for Chocolate Chip-Cranberry Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2015
"Delicious! I brushed the top with the egg white I didn't use, and sprinkled the top with 1T of sugar. The texture is terrific! Not dry and crumbly at all."
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2014
"These turned out great the first time. I will definitely make them again!"