My daughter started making these as a "healthy" alternative to cookies since we seem to like cookies of any kind. I've never been able to eat just one, so this recipe seemed perfect for us. —Nichole Jones, Idaho Falls, Idaho
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk yogurt and egg yolk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 10 times. Pat dough into an 8-in. circle. Cut into 12 wedges. Place wedges on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip-Cranberry Scones in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Reviews for Chocolate Chip-Cranberry Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2014
"These turned out great the first time. I will definitely make them again!"