Chocolate Chip Cranberry Bread Recipe
This cranberry bread is tender and moist. The first time I made this quick bread it immediately became a favorite for the fall and winter holidays. The tart cranberries complement the sweet chocolate so well.—Jessica Hornaday, Nampa, Idaho
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk the egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips. Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice: 229 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cranberry Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC