Chocolate Chip Cookies - small batch Recipe
“I came up with this recipe myself,” writes Bethany Thayer of Troutville, Virginia. “After trying several low-fat chocolate chip cookie recipes that were puffy and cake-like, I experimented some and came up with these.” Good-for-you walnuts give them a great crunch, too.
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, lightly cream the margarine and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- 2. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 cookies equals 190 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC