Convenient refrigerated cookie dough is a delightful crust for a creamy peanut butter filling in this yummy dessert from Peg Gerhard. "It's so simple to prepare, and everyone loves it," says the Latrobe, Pennsylvania cook.
Recommended: 26 of Our Easiest Desserts Ever
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- Press cookie dough onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 20-24 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and butter until smooth. Beat in confectioners' sugar. Place crust on a serving plate. Spread cream cheese mixture over crust to within 1/2 in. of edge. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Cookie Tart in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p43
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cookie Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 6, 2015
"Looks wonderful!i must make this."
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2010
"Looked great...but the topping was too runny. I used fat free cream cheese. I don't know if that made a difference."
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2009
"This was a hit with my friends--it can also be cut into squares if you need a larger batch."