Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix Recipe
These are the perfect cookies when cooking for a crowd because the mix can be prepared and stored for months. Also, you can bake a couple batches of cookies at a time and freeze. —Helen Woronik, Salem, Connecticut
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:90 servings
- COOKIE MIX:
- 9 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 cups shortening
- 6 cups Cookie Mix (above)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Thoroughly combine dry ingredients; cut in shortening until crumbly. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place up to 6 months. Yield: 5 dozen per batch (18 cups mix).
- 2. To make cookies: Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, combine mix, vanilla and eggs. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls 1/2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen per batch.
1 serving (2 each) equals 590 calories, 30 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC