Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix Recipe
- 9 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups shortening
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches.
- 2. To make one batch of cookies: Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, beat 6 cups cookie mix, eggs and vanilla. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 1/2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen per batch. Yield: 5 dozen per batch.
1 cookie: 590 calories, 30g fat (9g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
"Jaccob1: if you followed the directions, you would have added a total of 6 eggs and 3 teaspoons of vanilla and 6 cups of chocolate chips."
"These cookies were the worst.There was no moisture to mix these.I wasted a bag of chips and nuts.I would not make again.6 cups of mix and 2 eggs were not enough to mix.They were dry."
"These cookies are the best I have ever tasted and the recipe makes enough for a large crowd. Be sure to use an extra large bowl for mixing."