These are the perfect cookies when cooking for a crowd because the mix can be prepared and stored for months. Also, you can bake a couple batches of cookies at a time and freeze. —Helen Woronik, Salem, Connecticut
- 9 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups shortening
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches.
- To make one batch of cookies: Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, beat 6 cups cookie mix, eggs and vanilla. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 1/2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen per batch. Yield: 5 dozen per batch.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p54
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review