- 1-3/4 cups crushed chocolate chip cookies or chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- COOKIE DOUGH:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in up the sides of a greased 9-in. pan. Place pan on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust; set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add water and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls over filling, gently pushing dough below surface (dough should be completely covered by filling). Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Sprinkle with remaining chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
Sort By :
"This cheesecake is awesome! It was one of my most-requested recipes when I baked at the coffee shop and still remains a favorite with my family and friends. Instead of sprinkling it with mini chocolate chips, I like to top it with a ganache."
"I made this for a friend's birthday and everyone loves it. I got so many compliments. :-) this one is a keeper in my book.The cheesecake was flavorful and the cookie dough with it is just the perfect combo, and one I haven't thought of before - genius!"
"This is an outstanding recipe. I used oreo cookies blended to make the crust and the result was very tasty. The cheesecake base could be used for other types of cheesecake also. Thanks TOH for a great recipe. I can see why it was award winning."
"I actually recall making this cheesecake back in 1999! I'd taken it to a chapel holiday function! It went over VERY WELL and FAST, too! I had prepared this recipe when it was featured in Taste of Home! This IS a wonderful combination of cheesecake/chocolate-chip cookie dough for anyone who enjoys BOTH! Thank you for this recipe! delowenstein"
"I make this for every holiday dinner. It is even great without the cookie dough add ins."