Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups crushed chocolate chip cookies or chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- COOKIE DOUGH:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in up the sides of a greased 9-in. pan. Place pan on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust; set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add water and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls over filling, gently pushing dough below surface (dough should be completely covered by filling). Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Sprinkle with remaining chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
Sort By :
"So, with a little trial and error I've made my own alterations to it that in my opinion made it better.For those of you who do not like springform pans or making your own pie crust, the amount of filling this creates can fill 2 premade 9" pie crusts you find at the grocery store. I also add the flour in heaping 1/4 cup fulls to prevent it from being so sticky when trying to form small balls of dough. So, I would say 3/4 cup flour instead of 1/2 cup. All in all the cheesecake base is delicious and it's a hit whenever I serve it!"
"I made this for my son's army going away party. It was a hit for sure!!! Everyone raved about it! The recipe is so easy and I never imagined it could be so good!!! I can't wait to make it again!!!"
"I have made this delectable cheesecake many times..It is by far my favorite. .Very simple & oh so good!"
"I've been making this since it won the contest in 1999. I've tried many cheesecake recipes over the years, but my family keeps talking about this one and asks me to make it often. My hubby just asked if I'd make him one to share at work this week."
"I've made this recipe twice now, once as bars and once as cupcakes, and gotten amazing results. After reading other reviews, I froze the cookie dough before adding it to the cheesecake mixture, which resulted in nice cookie dough chunks that remained intact after baking."