Chocolate Chip Cookie Dessert Recipe
Drizzled with melted chocolate, this frosty family favorite from Carol Marnach in Sioux Falls, South Dakota couldn’t be much easier to prepare. "My husband and three sons love it so much that we even use our grill to make it on camping trips—or during the hot summer months when I don’t like turning on the oven," she says.
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1. Let dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. Spread caramel topping over crust. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in the whipped topping, nuts and toffee bits. Spread over caramel layer. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Drizzle over pudding layer. Cut into squares. Yield: 15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 345 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC