- 2 cups chocolate chip cookie crumbs (about 28 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chip cookie crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs and egg yolks; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in sour cream and vanilla. Fold in chocolate chips and orange peel. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 65-75 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven; let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over filling. Return to the oven for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with cookie crumbs. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p87
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 26, 2009
"Reirph,Try lining the bottom of the springform pan with parchment paper cut to size...it will easily slide off the base onto serving tray."
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2008
"This is always a hit when I make it however it is always impossible to remove from the bottom of the springform pan to place on a serving dish. I make sure I grease the pan liberally but still always have this problem."