Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are often requested at church dinners Barbara Witte helps organize in Irving, Texas. "They're tasty and easy to serve," Barbara remarks.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, vanilla and water. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- 2. Press into three greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Cut into bars. Yield: 8 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 116 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC