Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are often requested at church dinners Barbara Witte helps organize in Irving, Texas. "They're tasty and easy to serve," Barbara remarks.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch YIELD:96 servings
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, vanilla and water. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- 2. Press into three greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Cut into bars. Yield: 8 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 116 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC