Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are often requested at church dinners Barbara Witte helps organize in Irving, Texas. "They're tasty and easy to serve," Barbara remarks.
96 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat
- in the eggs, vanilla and water. Combine the flour, baking soda and
- salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in
- chocolate chips and nuts.
- Press into three greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at
- 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire
- racks. Cut into bars. Yield: 8 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 116 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.