- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, vanilla and water. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Press into three greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Cut into bars. Yield: 8 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Sort By :
"Great recipe. It's quick and easy, although next time I will be cutting the recipe in half. It made about 3 pans worth for me and I took one to work, one to my boyfriends house, and then kept one in the fridge for a week and pulled it out for a girls night. The best part is that the one I kept in the fridge was still soft and yummy even after 7 days..."
"Yummy! I used this recipe to bake bar cookies as part of a dessert buffet for a large group of individuals. These particular cookies were gone in a matter of minutes."