Chocolate Chip Coffee Ring Recipe
Meet the Cook: When I was a girl, my mother served this only once a year - for Christmas-morning brunch. But it could easily be served as dessert besides or as a snack packed in a lunch. It travels very well. Sometimes when I bake this just for my husband and me, I'll prepare two bread pans' worth and freeze one. -Laura Hertel, Columbia, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling YIELD:8-10 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Add sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 8-cup fluted tube pan.
- 2. For topping, combine the flour, sugar and cocoa; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Sprinkle over batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 20 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 539 calories, 28 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 454 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC