- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Add sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 8-cup fluted tube pan.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugar and cocoa; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 20 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Coffee Ring
"Actually, I'd prepared this recipe from quite some time back! It is great and I'd used it again 2/8/14! I had the ingredients for it, so I figured that I would prepare this recipe! I DID use 1/8 cup all-purpose flour to mix the chocolate chips into the batter! I also omitted the pecans in the topping and used 1/4 cup caramel bits in place of the pecans! I greased and floured an 8" fluted tube pan WELL and I baked LESS time than what it called for-I used a 45 minute baking time so that the cake would NOT be overly browned! I did allow the cake to cool 20 minutes in the pan and ran a knife around the edges to loosen the cake! I'd used a fancy type of tube pan and the cake looked quite pretty! Use a pastry brush to brush excess flour off of the finished cake! I'd had to do that! I used 1 tsp. salt instead of the 1/2 tsp. salt called for in this recipe! I used a pastry blender to combine topping ingredients! The cake will be shared with my Chapel group! Thank you, Laura Hertel, for this recipe! It IS a keeper! It is very versatile, too! Using square cake pans or loaf pans are an excellent alternative to baking this cake! delowenstein"
"Delicious!! I make this often and everyone loves it. Great for breakfast or as a snack with your tea in the evening, freezes wonderfully! Thanks for sharing, it is a keeper!"
"Very moist, plenty of chocolate flavor. I've also baked this recipe in 2 loaf pans for 45-50 min. and they freeze very nicely!"