Chocolate Chip Coffee Muffins Recipe
"I found this recipe while thumbing through some old cookbooks," Leslie Rosengarten relates from Minster, Ohio. "The muffins are great with a cup of coffee, but my kids like them with milk."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:15 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, coffee granules, cinnamon and salt. Whisk the egg, milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- 2. For topping, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 15 muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 291 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC