Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake Recipe
"I've been making this special breakfast treat since I was a teenager," shares Trish Quinn of Middletown, Pennsylvania. "With chocolate chips and cinnamon in the middle and on top, it never fails to please all ages."
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and soda; add to creamed mixture (batter will be thick).
- 2. Spread half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine chocolate chips, cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle half over batter. Drop remaining batter by spoonfuls over the top. Sprinkle with remaining chip mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 284 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC