Chocolate Chip Cherry Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cherries and chocolate chips.
- 2. Drop by scant 1/4 cupfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from baking sheets to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 15 cookies.
1 each: 203 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cherry Oatmeal Cookies
"Loved these! As did my grandson who is VERY hard to please."
"Great flavor. They seemed to spread out, a flatter cookie than I like. I baked for 14 minutes and next time will only do 12 minutes."
"In love this recipe. Very pleased that they weren't' terribly sweet. they make a great snack."
"Loved it, I added more cherries & chips"
"These were fabulous! I didn't have cherries ....used cranberries and I didn't have quick cook oats...used old fashion oats (cook in 5 mins) and they were great! Thank you Denise!"