"My husband and I love homemade cookies, but a full batch is too much," writes Denise Fritz of Ormond Beach, Florida. "So I concocted these oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips and dried cherries. This recipe is for chocolate-covered cherry lovers everywhere!"
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cherries and chocolate chips.
- Drop by scant 1/4 cupfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from baking sheets to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 15 cookies.
Originally published as Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p31
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cherry Oatmeal Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review