Chocolate Chip Cherry Cheesecake
I fell in love with cooking when I was 11 years old, and have enjoyed creating and modifying recipes since then. This cheesecake was a big hit when I first made it, and everyone agrees that it's the best flavor combination. —Shelly Klingler, Bloomington, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 jar (12 ounces) maraschino cherries
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 chocolate cookie crust (9 inches)
- 6 chocolate-covered cherries
- Drain maraschino cherries, reserving 2 teaspoons juice. Cut cherries
- into quarters; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and reserved cherry
- juice until smooth. Add eggs; beat just until combined. Fold in
- chocolate chips and reserved cherries.
- Pour into crust (crust will be full). Bake at 350° for 30-35
- minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate until chilled. Serve with chocolate-covered cherries.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 682 calories, 41 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 154 mg cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.