Chocolate Chip Cherry Bread
“Chips, cherries, bananas, pecans…Mom's quick bread is packed full of goodies," notes Terri. "We baked a triple batch for my wedding reception.”
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the eggs, bananas and butter; stir into dry ingredients just
- until moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips, pecans and cherries.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for
- 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).