Chocolate Chip Cherry Bread Recipe
“Chips, cherries, bananas, pecans…Mom's quick bread is packed full of goodies," notes Terri. "We baked a triple batch for my wedding reception.”
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the eggs, bananas and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips, pecans and cherries.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cherry Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC