- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture until blended. Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Set aside a third of the dough for topping. Press remaining dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Spoon over crust.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of reserved dough over filling. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
"My kids loved these! They kept telling me how yummy they were. I halved the recipe, and forgot to reduce the baking time so they were overdone, but they were still really good! Great idea to combine chocolate chip cookies and cheesecake! I do agree with making sure they have long enough to cool before cutting up and eating. I did not add in the pecans, and I used neufchatel cheese instead of cream cheese."
"I made exactly as directed but they came out quite dry. My family was not impressed with them."
"Super easy and delicious but be sure to make ahead so they can cool long enough to cut nicely. Great for potlucks."
"these are so good, family favorite, more time consuming than boxed brownie mix but well worth it."
"We were given some of these from our neighbors. Awesome!! I have made these several times since. I added a1/4 cup of cocoanut and sub walnuts. Very good!!"
"Family loved this recipe!"
"Pretty straight forward and easy to make - big hit with the crowd. Would make again."
"I've made these several times. Everyone loves them."
"Turned out great!"