Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture until blended. Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Set aside a third of the dough for topping. Press remaining dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Spoon over crust.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of reserved dough over filling. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
Sort By :
"these are so good, family favorite, more time consuming than boxed brownie mix but well worth it."
"We were given some of these from our neighbors. Awesome!! I have made these several times since. I added a1/4 cup of cocoanut and sub walnuts. Very good!!"
"Family loved this recipe!"
"Pretty straight forward and easy to make - big hit with the crowd. Would make again."
"I've made these several times. Everyone loves them."