No one will guess they're eating "light" when they take a bite of this creamy dessert from Connie Staal of Greenbrier, Arkansas. The cookie crumb crust holds a rich cream cheese filling dotted with mini chocolate chips.
- 1 cup crushed reduced-fat Oreo cookies (about 11 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 6-8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; beat in sweetened condensed milk. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat in vanilla just until blended. In a small bowl, toss 1/3 cup chocolate chips and flour; stir into batter.
- Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until almost set. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Cheesecake in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p13
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review