Chocolate Chip Cheese Bars
"This is my most requested dessert recipe," writes Teri Linquist of Gurnee, Illinois. "Everyone loves these yummy bars with their soft cream cheese filling...and the couldn't be easier."
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Cut cookie dough in half. For crust, press half of the dough onto the
- bottom of a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth.
- Spread over crust. Crumble remaining dough over top.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Editor's Note: 2 cups of your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough can be substituted for the refrigerated dough.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 220 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.