- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Cut cookie dough in half. For crust, press half of the dough onto the bottom of a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth. Spread over crust. Crumble remaining dough over top.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cheese Bars
Sort By :
"I took these recently for a youth event at church. I liked them the day that I made them, but they were better the next day cold from the frig. I personally would have given them 4 stars, but the kids at church seemed to really like them so I bumped it up to 5 stars."
"This was absolutely delicious!!! I took it to dance and it didn't last long, I will make this again and again and it couldn't be easier."
"Very good, it was a little more gooey than I thought it would be, so I cooked it more. But the taste is awesome."
"My husband gave this ten out of ten! That doesn't usually happen! I made them for a church gathering and they were all gone in a flash! So I had to go back home and make some more for us! I have a chocolate chip bar recipe that I used for the batter. It worked great!"
"I'd prepared these bars before and I made them again 3/1/14. I used my own favorite chocolate chip cookie dough recipe and for the filling, I just added 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract. I'd greased and floured the 8x8x2" baking pan! For the dough topping, I found it easiest to drop the remaining dough by tsp. over the cheese filling as I would for REGULAR chocolate chip cookies! This worked well for me! I baked 35 minutes at 350o F. This recipe is GREAT! Thank you so much for sharing it! delowenstein"