"This is my most requested dessert recipe," writes Teri Linquist of Gurnee, Illinois. "Everyone loves these yummy bars with their soft cream cheese filling...and the couldn't be easier."
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Cut cookie dough in half. For crust, press half of the dough onto the bottom of a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth. Spread over crust. Crumble remaining dough over top.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Cheese Bars in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p8
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cheese Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review