- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Cut cookie dough in half. For crust, press half of the dough onto the bottom of a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth. Spread over crust. Crumble remaining dough over top.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cheese Bars
Sort By :
Very good, it was a little more gooey than I thought it would be, so I cooked it more. But the taste is awesome.
My husband gave this ten out of ten! That doesn't usually happen! I made them for a church gathering and they were all gone in a flash! So I had to go back home and make some more for us! I have a chocolate chip bar recipe that I used for the batter. It worked great!
I'd prepared these bars before and I made them again 3/1/14. I used my own favorite chocolate chip cookie dough recipe and for the filling, I just added 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract. I'd greased and floured the 8x8x2" baking pan! For the dough topping, I found it easiest to drop the remaining dough by tsp. over the cheese filling as I would for REGULAR chocolate chip cookies! This worked well for me! I baked 35 minutes at 350o F. This recipe is GREAT! Thank you so much for sharing it! delowenstein
This is my go-to recipe whenever I need a quick dessert. I also like that it only makes an 8x8 inch dessert when you only have need for a smaller dessert. To reviewer "snowytrees", I've been making this for awhile and I never had it ooze. I also like to store it in the refrigerator since I like the cream cheese cold.
Can anyone tell me if it's okay if the cream cheese is oozy? The directions said the toothpick should come out clean, which it did, but when I cut into it, it oozed. I was only concerned since there is egg in the cream cheese mixture. Thanks. Otherwise, yum. I made it from scratch cookie dough, btw.