Chocolate Chip Caramel Rolls Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3-3/4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, oil, sugar, salt and 3 cups flour; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead in chocolate chips until dough is smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Spread butter over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; gently press into dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cream; pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange rolls cut side up over syrup. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 50 minutes.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 roll equals 499 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 358 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Caramel Rolls
"Very easy dough to work with. I just did by hand- didn't use the mixer. Nice big rolls! Will be our Christmas morning treat this year."
"The perfect combo of cinnamon, chocolate, and caramel. Yummy!!!"