As a teenager, I keep active with sports and friends. But baking is my favorite hobby. My five older brothers eat these delicious breakfast rolls right out of the oven! —Julia Holm, Northfield, Minnesota
Recommended: 39 Healthy Snacks That Make Kids Happy
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3-3/4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, oil, sugar, salt and 3 cups flour; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead in chocolate chips until dough is smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Spread butter over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; gently press into dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cream; pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange rolls cut side up over syrup. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 50 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Caramel Rolls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p55
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Caramel Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review