- For topping, combine the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan; bring
- to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes. Stir in milk and
- vanilla. Return to a boil; remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Add confectioners' sugar; beat on high with a portable mixer for 30
- seconds or until thickened. Drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with nuts.
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle
- over top.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 317 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 359 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.