- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, grated
- 1 cup (6 ounces) regular or miniature chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes, eggs, sour cream, oil and water. Beat until well blended and creamy. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Spread into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Cake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p85
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2012
"Excellent....would make again!"
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2009
"Excellent and Easy"
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2009 Edited Jul. 20, 2009
"i only used 2 eggs and it was fine"