Chocolate Chip Cake Bars Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in 1-1/2 cups of chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Melt shortening with the remaining chocolate chips; drizzle over the top. Cut into bars. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cake Bars
Sort By :
"These came out beautiful! I've made a lot of cake mix bar cookies but this was the first that included the addition of brown sugar. The edges of the bars were chewy and the middle was soft. I used a seasonal cake mix with fall colored sprinkles. They cut very nice and looked great on a plate. They did bake for shortly over 25 minutes. I will be making this recipe for many years to come. Quick, easy and yummy warm from the oven!"
"I didn't think the bars were anything great. They weren't very moist . I wouldn't make again."
"These were great! I made them for church fellowship time, so I doubled the recipe and used a jelly roll pan and used 3/4 cup brown sugar. I didn't have enough chocolate chips, so used 1 1/2 cup chocolate, and 1 1/2 cup white chips. I didn't add the nuts and didn't drizzle anything on top, but they were still great and so easy to make! They taste like homemade chocolate chip bars, without all the measuring and mess!"
"Very easy to make! The chocolate chips are great-I'd use a bit ore brown sugar next time!"
"Absolutely delicious! And easy to make. They come out nice and moist. Sometimes I would warm them up and put some vanilla ice cream on it. Yum!"