Chocolate Chip Cake Bars Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in 1-1/2 cups of chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Melt shortening with the remaining chocolate chips; drizzle over the top. Cut into bars. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cake Bars
Sort By :
I didn't think the bars were anything great. They weren't very moist . I wouldn't make again.
These were great! I made them for church fellowship time, so I doubled the recipe and used a jelly roll pan and used 3/4 cup brown sugar. I didn't have enough chocolate chips, so used 1 1/2 cup chocolate, and 1 1/2 cup white chips. I didn't add the nuts and didn't drizzle anything on top, but they were still great and so easy to make! They taste like homemade chocolate chip bars, without all the measuring and mess!
Very easy to make! The chocolate chips are great-I'd use a bit ore brown sugar next time!
I made these twice in one weekend! So easy to make and tastes just like homemade chocolate chip cookie bars! I did add chocolate toffee bits to the batter which made them carmely and chewier. Everyone loved them!
Absolutely delicious! And easy to make. They come out nice and moist. Sometimes I would warm them up and put some vanilla ice cream on it. Yum!