Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies Recipe
At the downtown Chicago law firm where I work, we often bring in goodies for special occasions. When co-workers hear I've baked these melt-in-your-mouth cookies, they make a special trip to my floor to sample them. Best of all, these crisp, buttery treats can be made in no time. —Janis Gruca, Mokena, Illinois
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Melted semisweet and/or white chocolate, optional
- 1. Melt butter in a microwave; stir in vanilla. Cool completely. In a large bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; stir in butter mixture and chocolate chips (mixture will be crumbly).
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks. Dip or drizzle with chocolate if desired. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 158 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC