- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Melted semisweet and/or white chocolate, optional
- Melt butter in a microwave; stir in vanilla. Cool completely. In a large bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; stir in butter mixture and chocolate chips (mixture will be crumbly).
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks. Dip or drizzle with chocolate if desired. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies
"Disappointed. Very dry. I agree with the other reviewers that they are more like a shortbread with chocolate chips. Not like a butter cookies at all. Won't make again."
"can these cookies be frozen? if so, for how long?"
"I made the recipe as stated and it is very good. Nice buttery shortbread-like cookie! I dipped about half of the cookie in melted chocolate, then coated the bottoms as well. As one reviewer said, it is a very versatile recipe - and easy to put together. Thanks for sharing, Janis!"
"These cookies are delicious & easy to make. It is a shortbread cookie with a very buttery taste. I haves used toffee bits instead of chocolate chips so this recipe has some flexibility. I have been making these for years. Five stars!"
"Awesome cookies! Easy and fast. Mixed in my big mixer, I baked them for only 11 minutes, as 12 minutes made them to dark on the bottom. I will definitely make these again and again! Thanks for the great reciepe!"