Chocolate Chip Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until blended (do not overmix).
- 2. Pour into two greased 9-in. square baking pans. Sprinkle with chips and nuts. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 167 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Brownies
"I have this recipe in my Taste of Home Crate o' Recipes (3rd Edition) and I recall preparing these brownies. I greased and floured my baking pan and I also had added 1/4 cup chocolate syrup! I omit nuts as there are folks who have a sensitivity to nuts! I'd used a 13x9x2" greased and floured baking pan! Thank you for sharing this recipe!delowenstein"
"Good, but I like more chocolate favor! I'll try it again with 3/4 c. cocoa. Or maybe more! I always do heaping cups!We didn't have white chocolate chips and I had some "peppermint crunch baking chips" so I sprinkled some of those on instead. I didn't "swirl" I just spread them evenly. It worked well."
"YUM! Works well with or without nuts. Make sure you grease the pans well!~ Theresa"
"These turn out so well, I tend to hide them from the family so they don't disappear quite so fast. This recipe is so easy to make, it's definitely a keeper."
"Fudgy and "chocolate-chippity". YUM."