Chocolate Chip Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until blended (do not overmix).
- 2. Pour into two greased 9-in. square baking pans. Sprinkle with chips and nuts. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
1 each: 167 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Brownies
"The recipe as originally published in 1995 said to bake these in a 15 x 10 x 1-in. pan vs two 9-in square pans. Will the larger pan work? I haven't made these yet, but want to use the larger pan. I had to rate it to submit this question."
"This is one of the best from scratch brownie recipes I have ever made. I made them as written except I omitted the nuts because I made them for my son's class at school and I know there is a nut allergy. The top is covered in chocolate chips and some sink into the batter. As others stated be sure to grease the pans. I used the butter wrappers to grease the pans. I did not flour them. I used 2 - 9" square pans and baked for the shortest time. Everyone who had them loved them. Definitely a keeper and definitely will be made again."
"I have this recipe in my Taste of Home Crate o' Recipes (3rd Edition) and I recall preparing these brownies. I greased and floured my baking pan and I also had added 1/4 cup chocolate syrup! I omit nuts as there are folks who have a sensitivity to nuts! I'd used a 13x9x2" greased and floured baking pan! Thank you for sharing this recipe!delowenstein"
"Good, but I like more chocolate favor! I'll try it again with 3/4 c. cocoa. Or maybe more! I always do heaping cups!We didn't have white chocolate chips and I had some "peppermint crunch baking chips" so I sprinkled some of those on instead. I didn't "swirl" I just spread them evenly. It worked well."
"YUM! Works well with or without nuts. Make sure you grease the pans well!~ Theresa"
"These turn out so well, I tend to hide them from the family so they don't disappear quite so fast. This recipe is so easy to make, it's definitely a keeper."
"Fudgy and "chocolate-chippity". YUM."