Chocolate Chip Brownies
People love these very rich brownies so much that I never take them anywhere without bringing along several copies of the recipe to hand out. These treats are wonderful to take on a picnic because you don't have to worry about frosting melting.
-Brenda Kelly, Ashburn, Virginia
36-48 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder
- and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until blended (do
- not overmix).
- Pour into two greased 9-in. square baking pans. Sprinkle with chips
- and nuts. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 167 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium,