Chocolate Chip Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until blended (do not overmix).
- 2. Pour into two greased 9-in. square baking pans. Sprinkle with chips and nuts. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
1 each: 167 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Brownies
"I have this recipe in my Taste of Home Crate o' Recipes (3rd Edition) and I recall preparing these brownies. I greased and floured my baking pan and I also had added 1/4 cup chocolate syrup! I omit nuts as there are folks who have a sensitivity to nuts! I'd used a 13x9x2" greased and floured baking pan! Thank you for sharing this recipe!delowenstein"
"Good, but I like more chocolate favor! I'll try it again with 3/4 c. cocoa. Or maybe more! I always do heaping cups!We didn't have white chocolate chips and I had some "peppermint crunch baking chips" so I sprinkled some of those on instead. I didn't "swirl" I just spread them evenly. It worked well."
"YUM! Works well with or without nuts. Make sure you grease the pans well!~ Theresa"
"These turn out so well, I tend to hide them from the family so they don't disappear quite so fast. This recipe is so easy to make, it's definitely a keeper."
"Fudgy and "chocolate-chippity". YUM."