Chocolate Chip Brownies
"We call these 'magic bars' because they're fast and easy to make, and they disappear quickly when finished-just like magic!" declared Beverly Wilkerson of Crocker, Missouri.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 tubes (18 ounces each) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Press cookie dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle
- with 1/2 cup coconut and press firmly into dough.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions; carefully
- spread over coconut. Sprinkle with remaining coconut; top with
- chocolate chips and pecans.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Editor's Note: If desired, 4-1/2 cups of your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough can be substituted for the refrigerated dough.