- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until blended (do not overmix).
- Pour into two greased 9-in. square baking pans. Sprinkle with chips and nuts. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Brownies
"This is one of the best from scratch brownie recipes I have ever made. I made them as written except I omitted the nuts because I made them for my son's class at school and I know there is a nut allergy. The top is covered in chocolate chips and some sink into the batter. As others stated be sure to grease the pans. I used the butter wrappers to grease the pans. I did not flour them. I used 2 - 9" square pans and baked for the shortest time. Everyone who had them loved them. Definitely a keeper and definitely will be made again."
"I have this recipe in my Taste of Home Crate o' Recipes (3rd Edition) and I recall preparing these brownies. I greased and floured my baking pan and I also had added 1/4 cup chocolate syrup! I omit nuts as there are folks who have a sensitivity to nuts! I'd used a 13x9x2" greased and floured baking pan! Thank you for sharing this recipe!delowenstein"
"Good, but I like more chocolate favor! I'll try it again with 3/4 c. cocoa. Or maybe more! I always do heaping cups!We didn't have white chocolate chips and I had some "peppermint crunch baking chips" so I sprinkled some of those on instead. I didn't "swirl" I just spread them evenly. It worked well."
"YUM! Works well with or without nuts. Make sure you grease the pans well!~ Theresa"
"These turn out so well, I tend to hide them from the family so they don't disappear quite so fast. This recipe is so easy to make, it's definitely a keeper."
"Fudgy and "chocolate-chippity". YUM."