Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe
In Thonotosassa, Florida, Misti Konsavage found the makings for this quick bread in her own backyard. "Since our orange tree was teeming with fruit. I was inspired to try this recipe," says the mother of three young children. "I wrapped up lots of loaves as home-baked gifts at Christmas one year."
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange peel
- 3 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the milk, orange juice, sugar, egg and orange peel. Stir in baking mix just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Pour into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice: 139 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC