Chocolate Chip Bread
In Thonotosassa, Florida, Misti Konsavage found the makings for this quick bread in her own backyard. "Since our orange tree was teeming with fruit. I was inspired to try this recipe," says the mother of three young children. "I wrapped up lots of loaves as home-baked gifts at Christmas one year."
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange peel
- 3 cups Reduced Fat Bisquick® mix
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, orange juice, sugar, egg and
- orange peel. Stir in baking mix just until moistened. Stir in
- chocolate chips.
- Pour into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at
- 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 slice) equals 139 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.