Chocolate Chip Bran Muffins Recipe
From her Grand Rapids, Michigan home, Sara Meyers shares these sweet treats. "They're our favorite snack," she explains. "Extras freeze wonderfully."
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4-1/2 cups bran flakes cereal
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the peanut butter and oil until combine. Beat in the eggs and buttermilk, Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cereal and chocolate chips.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 14-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 181 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC