Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla just until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to brown sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Blondies
Sort By :
Delicious ,easy and great for snacks! Would be very easy to adjust to make various kinds. I think peanut butter chips or a mixture of peanut butter and chocolate chips would be wonderful!
My issue with this is that the recommended serving size is absurd. 36 servings?? For a 9x13 pan?? That doesn't make blondies, it makes blondie bites. In my opinion, the smallest reasonable size you can divide the cake into is 15 bars.
I made some adjustments to the recipe to make it healthier (apple sauce instead of butter, less brown sugar, added banana), and the bars are very good, highly addictive...but they are still about 190 calories each. To make them 102 calories would require the "bars" to be ridiculously small, which doesn't really make it a worthwhile desert for anyone who monitors their nutrition and calorie intake. I can make a batch of muffins twice the size for half the calories. So that was a bit frustrating. That said, the results were surprisingly good and I'll definitely make them again. But I'll try to fiddle with the recipe some more...maybe cut down the brown sugar by another 1/2 cup and reduce the chocolate chips by half as well. I guess I'm just frustrated because I assumed the recommended serving size would be more reasonable and wasn't prepared for a batch of such high cal deserts.
Super super yummy with milk chocolate chips!! Tip: added score bits on top and they melted slightly.... **drool** so good! So not good for my diet but oh yummy! And it totally fits a 9x13 pan I don't get the issues people had at all.
They came out great some of the ends were a little hard but i cut them off. I got about 18 bars from a 9x13pan. I did have to add about 9 minutes to the baking time
Added pecans and cranberries instead of chocolate morsels. It tastes great