Chocolate Chip Blondies
Folks who love chocolate chip cookies will enjoy that same great flavor in these golden bars. They can be mixed up in a jiffy, taste wonderful, and are perfect for occasions when company drops by unexpectedly or you need a treat in a hurry. —Rhonda Knight, Hecker, Illinois
36 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla
- just until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add
- to brown sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 102 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.