- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla just until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to brown sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Blondies
"My husband snitched one - even before they were cool. OMGosh, are these good. They are just like decadent chocolate chip cookies and so easy to make. I will be making these again and again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor."
"I made these twice and they turned out great both times. Please don't give a recipe a bad rating if you don't use the size baking pan specified in the recipe."
"I made these and they turned out okay. Definitely not enough batter for a 9x13 pan. They don't taste too bad but way to much sugar. I cut mine super small. Would have preferred chocolate chip cookies."
"I made these the other day because I was short on time and I didn't want to dirty a lot of pans by making cookies. These were so simple. I melted some chocolate chips with a dab of shortening and drizzled that on top to jazz them up a bit. My hubby liked them so much, he asked me to make a pan for him to take to the office tomorrow...plus he likes the name Blondies too, I think ??"
"Made this in a 9 x 9 pan. Baked for 30 minutes. Sides were done but center was gooey. Flavor: none. Only flavors come from excessive sugar and greasy butter. Will never make this recipe again! Unless you like raw cookie dough, don't bother with this one."