Chocolate Chip Biscotti Recipe
With a hint of apricots, these chocolate chip biscotti taste great alongside a cup of coffee or tea.Friends and family are always happy to receive a batch for Christmas.—Theresa Smith, Lee, New Hampshire
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup swirled semisweet and white chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/2 cups sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- 2. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in apricots and chocolate chips.
- 3. Divide dough in half. On ungreased baking sheets, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 2-1/2-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until firm. Cool for 5 minutes.
- 4. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 biscotti equals 320 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC