Chocolate Chip Biscotti Recipe
With a hint of apricots, these chocolate chip biscotti taste great alongside a cup of coffee or tea.Friends and family are always happy to receive a batch for Christmas.Theresa Smith, Lee, New Hampshire
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup swirled semisweet and white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/2 cups sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in apricots and chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half. On ungreased baking sheets, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 2-1/2-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until firm. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Biscotti in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p93
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Biscotti(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2012
I did not have any apricots so I replaced it with raisins & my family loved the taste. Next time I will cut them a little thicker to see if that keeps them from falling apart so easily
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2010
this one taste good , but wants to come apart when slicing
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >