Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe
People are always surprised when I tell them these sweet treats come from the microwave,. Chockfull of chocolate chips, the bars are especially good served with a big glass of cold milk. —Shirley A. Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and walnuts. Spread into a greased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-1/2 minutes or until bars test done, rotating a quarter turn every minute. Cool before cutting. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 182 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC