Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and walnuts. Spread into a greased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-1/2 minutes or until bars test done, rotating a quarter turn every minute. Cool before cutting. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 182 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Bars
"These had a good taste. I will make them again. I did have to adjust the cooking time due to the difference in my microwave. This led me to end up overcooking them. They were a little hard, but still edible. I felt like they were not done because they were not "springy" to the touch. I didn't realize that was how they cooked in the microwave. I wish this would have been discussed in the recipe, however none of this will stop me from trying it again though."
"This was easy to make and I had all the ingredients on-hand. The hardest part was waiting until it was cool before cutting! They tasted delicious - not like baked chocolate chip bars, of course, but I wasn't expecting them to taste like something they were not."