Chocolate Chip Bars
"People are always surprised when I tell them these sweet treats sweet treats come from the microwave," notes Shirley Glaab of Hattiesburg, Mississippi. "Chockfull of chocolate chips, the bars are especially good served with a big glass of cold milk."
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla;
- mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed
- mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and walnuts. Spread into a
- greased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with remaining
- chocolate chips. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-1/2 minutes or
- until bars test done, rotating a quarter turn every minute. Cool
- before cutting. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 182 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.