Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
These banana muffins are my kids' favorite. I adapt it for adults by adding chopped nuts or dried apricots.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda
- and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, oil, yogurt and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bananas and
- chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans
- to wire racks. Yield: 16 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 207 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium,