Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins Recipe
These banana muffins are my kids' favorite. I adapt it for adults by adding chopped nuts or dried apricots.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, oil, yogurt and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bananas and chocolate chips.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 16 muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 207 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC