- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, oil, yogurt and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bananas and chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 16 muffins.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
"As a volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home, I love to try out new recipes. I made these today for my daughters who are 8 & 12. They both gave thumbs up when I asked how they were. I can't offer an opinion because I am gluten and dairy free. I only had 1/4 cup of canola oil so I topped it up with apple sauce and melted butter. I also used only 1/2 cup sugar I filled the muffin cups and got 12 large muffins. Very easy to make!"
"Great muffins! I prefer mini chocolate chips in them, I also think they would be good with peanut butter chips too!"
"These were delicious! I measured about 1/2 cup of sugar and poured toasted wheat germ right on the sugar in my measuring cup to equal the 3/4 indicated. (Great way to cut sugar and add some extra nutrition). Also realized I forgot to add the salt once I had the filled muffin tin in the oven. Was worried how they would turn out without it, but did not even miss the salt at all! Thanks for the super quick and easy recipe."
"My boys love them (2 and 5 yrs). I made them into mini muffins with mini chocolate chips (bake 13 minutes) and they came out perfect!"
"Very Very Very delicious! I made exactly as written."