Chocolate Chip Banana Cream Pie Recipe
This rich treat is a hit every time I serve it. The chilled filling, brimming with bananas, is refreshing, and the cookie crust provides a chocolaty crunch. Even a small slice will satisfy the biggest sweet tooth. —Taylor Carroll, Parkesburg, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. + chilling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 5 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 3 medium firm bananas
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. Cut cookie dough in half widthwise. Let one portion stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften (return the other half to the refrigerator for another use).
- 2. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 11-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- 4. Spread 1 cup filling into prepared crust. Slice bananas; arrange over filling. Pour remaining filling over bananas. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- 5. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and remaining vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over pie. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC