- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg
- yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle
- boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in
- butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Spread 1 cup filling into prepared crust. Slice bananas; arrange over
- filling. Pour remaining filling over bananas. Refrigerate for 2
- hours or until set.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- confectioners' sugar and remaining vanilla; beat until stiff peaks
- form. Spread over pie. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.