Chocolate Chip Banana Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 5 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 3 medium firm bananas
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Cut cookie dough in half widthwise. Let one portion stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften (return the other half to the refrigerator for another use).
- Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 11-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Spread 1 cup filling into prepared crust. Slice bananas; arrange over filling. Pour remaining filling over bananas. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and remaining vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over pie. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Banana Cream Pie(4)
Sort By :
I was a little intimidated at first with having to make the filling, but it turned out so much better than I had planned for! The mix of the chocolate chip pie crust, creamy center, bananas, and topping made it the perfect dessert for my family! I use cool whip instead of making the homemade whipped topping. DELICIOUS!
every time I ask what kind of pie to you eand every one says this one eraly good. does take time to make but it is worth it in the end.
More Recipe Collections
- Banana Cream Pie Recipes >
- Banana Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Cream Pie >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Pie Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >