Chocolate Chip-Banana Belgian Waffles Recipe
- 2 cups store-bought gluten-free pancake mix, such as Cherrybrook Kitchen
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups rice milk
- 3 bananas, 1 mashed and 2 diagonally sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Toppings: chopped walnuts and hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1. Preheat a Belgian waffle iron to medium-high. In a large bowl, whisk together the pancake mix, salt, cinnamon, egg, oil, milk, mashed banana and vanilla. Add the chocolate chips; stir until just combined.
- 2. Grease the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray. Pour a heaping 1/3 cup batter into each waffle iron quarter, spreading the batter out to the edges. Close and cook until the waffle is crisp and the waffle iron stops steaming, about 4 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter. To serve, top the waffles with banana slices, walnuts and hot fudge. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 335 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 471mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Chip-Banana Belgian Waffles
"I haven't been able to get to the recipe yet. Blocked from seeing it and printing it out to use it."