Chocolate Chip-Banana Belgian Waffles Recipe
Gluten-free pancake mix and rice milk are the secret ingredients in this treat from my cookbook, Cooking for Isaiah: Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Recipes for Easy, Delicious Meals. Chocolate and bananas never tasted better! —Silvana Nardone, Brooklyn, New York
- 2 cups store-bought gluten-free pancake mix, such as Cherrybrook Kitchen
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups rice milk
- 3 bananas, 1 mashed and 2 diagonally sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Toppings: chopped walnuts and hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1. Preheat a Belgian waffle iron to medium-high. In a large bowl, whisk together the pancake mix, salt, cinnamon, egg, oil, milk, mashed banana and vanilla. Add the chocolate chips; stir until just combined.
- 2. Grease the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray. Pour a heaping 1/3 cup batter into each waffle iron quarter, spreading the batter out to the edges. Close and cook until the waffle is crisp and the waffle iron stops steaming, about 4 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter. To serve, top the waffles with banana slices, walnuts and hot fudge. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (calculated without walnuts and fudge sauce) equals 335 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 471 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip-Banana Belgian Waffles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC