- 2 cups store-bought gluten-free pancake mix, such as Cherrybrook Kitchen
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups rice milk
- 3 bananas, 1 mashed and 2 diagonally sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Toppings: chopped walnuts and hot fudge ice cream topping
- Preheat a Belgian waffle iron to medium-high. In a large bowl, whisk together the pancake mix, salt, cinnamon, egg, oil, milk, mashed banana and vanilla. Add the chocolate chips; stir until just combined.
- Grease the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray. Pour a heaping 1/3 cup batter into each waffle iron quarter, spreading the batter out to the edges. Close and cook until the waffle is crisp and the waffle iron stops steaming, about 4 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter. To serve, top the waffles with banana slices, walnuts and hot fudge. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip-Banana Belgian Waffles in Taste of Home October/November 2010, p107
Reviews for Chocolate Chip-Banana Belgian Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2010
"I haven't been able to get to the recipe yet. Blocked from seeing it and printing it out to use it."