My husband likes the flavor and texture of these cookies. Milk chocolate chips and sliced almonds make them deliciously different. My mother-in-law shared the recipe with me.
Recommended: 45 Valentine's Day Desserts for Your Sweetie
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and almonds.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p63
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2011
"These cookies are so soft and good! I made gem once and i make a batch every other day. They are really excellent if you follow the recipe...."